Monday, April 18, 2011

The Shins are back with a new untitled track!!

James Mercer is the front man of both The Shins and Broken Bells and last month he played a  benefit set at The Bagdad Theater in Portland, Oregon for a local school.  He was joined by Joe Plummer (The Shins and Modest Mouse) providing percussion. Mercer announced that The Shins were working on a new album and that this currently untitled gem "should be on there".

I can't help but be excited about this. I am a huge James Mercer fan and an even bigger fan of The Shins. When they released "Oh, Inverted World" way back in 2001, my life changed. They remain one of my all time favorite bands and even at the age of 12 when that record was released i still had a huge appreciation for it. To this day, Phantom Limb off their 2007 release "Wincing the night away" remains one of my all time favorite songs.The band will be back on stage for the first time since 2009 at the Outside Lands festival in San Francisco from August 12-14th.

I am thoroughly excited by the prospect of the new album, hopefully more information is released about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment