Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mirrors - Into the heart

Mirrors are a band originating in Brighton (England) and comprised of 3 members. Their debut album "lights and offerings" will be released on February 28th in the United Kingdom. The track "into the heart" is their single officially released today. The band won't be winning awards for their creativity anytime soon with the song being highly repetitive ("into the heart that wallows in the dark"). However, their sound is very unique and has me wanting to hear more.

 From the outset, the band reminded me of one of my favorite current artists HURTS, however they fell short of reaching such great heights in my opinion. Their sound resembles a church organ combined with indie-synths and electronic beats and the frontman's tone reminded me of of Jarvis Cocker.  The band seems to be strongly influenced  by the early 80's specifically perhaps bands such as Depeche Mode and Echo and the Bunnymen perhaps.

Overall, I am definitely intrigued by their sound and the instrumentals they bring with their music. Personally, I am a huge fan of well constructed, creative lyrics and mirrors is definitely lacking in that department. However, I still find myself enjoying this song and excited to see what they put forth in their debut album. The only question that remains is; Will the mirrors become tiring fast? I'll find out on February 28th when their album drops.

Check them out at www.myspace.com/mirrorsmirrorsmirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment